This group has been tasked with identifying the changing needs and challenges of transportation for the Wayne County population. The county must have transportation infrastructure supporting a broad and diverse range of present and future needs.
The Action committee suggested several topics/goals for consideration:
- Work to increase availability of accessible and affordable public transportation;
- Assess the county's transportation needs at all levels;
- Identify the gaps between needs and resources;
- Analyze how transportation or its lack affect youth education and employment opportunities;
- Examine how new ride share programs, like Uber and Lyft, can be utilized in Wayne County;
- Determine what metrics can/should be used to measure the state and progress of the transportation situation.